1. She wiggles and whines every time I come home. Even if I've only been gone for 5 min. It's nice to be missed
2. I know way more of my neighbors now. It's nice to be part of a community rather than just living in an anonymous condo
3. She tolerates when I hug and squeeze her. I know she hates it, but she tolerates it
4. She was a breeze to house train. She even never pooped once in the house!
5. She gets extra excited when my husband and I are in the same room. She understands "family" and wants us to be together... which is important for all of us to remember
6. She harmonizes her howl with other bassets. It cracks me up.
7. She is calm enough to be a great teaching tool for kids (& adults!) that are afraid of dogs
8. She waits for permission before getting on the couch or bed. And we never trained her to
9. She may not be the smartest dog, but she tries really hard. And that's important.
10. Umm, have you seen her?! Cuteness overload!
I'm sure there are a million more, but that's a good start. So tell us: Why are you thankful for your pet?